Pre K 2022-2023
FIRST CLASS PRE-K Alabama's Voluntary Pre-K Program
- First Class Pre-K programs are accepting online pre-registration applications for the 2022-2023 school year beginning January 15th. (If you need assistance with accessing the online application, contact the local school/program.)
- Enrollment is open to all children four years of age on or before 9/1/22* who are residents of Alabama. (Children who are eligible for kindergarten are not eligible for pre-k.)
- Enrollees must provide a copy of the child's birth certificate. (It may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program.)
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence - either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage. (It may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program.)
- Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility for attending a program at a particular school. (Contact the school for attendance zone information.)
- There is no registration fee for First Class Pre-K programs. . Upon enrollment, a child's immunization record must be provided to the school or program.
- No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability.
Pre-Registration Dates: January 15 - March 16
Pre-Registration Application: To pre-register, go online to https://prek.alaceed.alabama.gov.
Acceptance into a First Class Pre-K program is strictly through random drawing. Parent/Guardian does not have to be present at drawing. Email notices of acceptance status will be sent in mid-April.
Random Drawing Details
Date: March 18, 2022 Time: 2:30 pm.
Location: Fayette Elementary School
* An opinion of the Attorney General states in effect that under the common law one's age is computed by including the day of birth so that a given age is attained the day before the birthday anniversary. Ala. Code $16-28-4(1975) Interpretation based on Report of Attorney General of Alabama October-December 1963, Volume 113, page 20.